-->

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wingstop in Baldwin Park

After a nice outing with the family, we stopped by Wingstop in Baldwin Park and grabbed some chicken wings.


We ended up getting the family pack which gave us up to four different flavorings. I originally wanted the atomic flavor, which is super spicy, but the person at the counter talked my cousin out of it. I should have been there to stand my ground.

My favorite of the ones we did get was the cajun flavored wings. Granted, the wings were small and measly, but the flavor was good. These were a tad salty, so stay away if you don't like salt. It had just the right amount of spice for me.

The original hot flavored one has that good tabasco flavor, but it was quite soggy.

The garlic parmesan ones were nice and crispy, but it was sorely lacking in taste.


My least favorite was the honey barbeque ones, mainly because I'm not a fan of that type of flavor. But if you are a fan of such, they tasted alright.


The family meals come with potato salad that was awful and bland and with fries that are equally as bad. It also comes with a lot of carrots and celery sticks. I wish there were more of these.

I didn't take a photo, but we also ordered some chicken strips for the kids, which were dry and bland. I don't recommend these.

All in all, Wingstop was okay, but hubby and I immediately looked into other wing places.

This branch of Wingstop is located in 3127 Baldwin Park Blvd in Baldwin Park, CA (626) 962-4400

13 comments:

EatTravelEat said...

So much fried food! The wings look good but they looked just a tad bit too drenched in sauce.

It is really sad that Wingstop was able to make you want more of the veggies compared to the other stuff! Must mean they need to improve by a lot.

Cynthia said...

On my first trip to the US years ago, a friend bought me some buffalo wings that were outstanding. Since then, we have tried in vain to find the place again but no such luck :(

shavedicesundays said...

ETE, yeah the tabasco one was too soggy. Lots of room for improvement indeed.

Cynthia, hmmmm I wish you could remember!

imjustatree said...

lol now i got the craving for some wings. i hear buffalo wild wings is better...haven't had a chance to try it yet, but they do have happy hour. not sure if wing stop does. the atomic is pretty hot...

Food For Tots said...

The chicken wings don't sound impressive to me too.

SinoSoul said...

I wonder how these are compared to Alondra hot wings. There's 1 on Main Street in Alhambra now... Still really like Hot Wings Cafe on Melrose tho. fiance works in Baldwin Park, maybe she'll stop by.

shavedicesundays said...

Sawyer, wait til my next post!

Food For Tots, it was still yummy because we were so hungry.

Sinosoul, hmmm I've never heard of Alondra, gotta try some time.

Ravenous Couple said...

we recently discovered kyochan and loved it...from the looks of it kyochan's probably alot better! nothing soggy there!

shavedicesundays said...

Ravenous Couple, thanks for the advice. I'll check it out sometime!

stacie said...

i heart wingstop too! Just discovered it a few months back in the ghetto of oakland! :0) did you try lemon pepper? Those are my fave!

Crystal said...

I stumbled upon the blog looking around for a che bap recipe and found you live near me and eat the same foods including Wingstop.

The Baldwin Park location is probably the worst one I've been to (which is the only other one I've ever been to other than the one in Monrovia) and if you ever go back get the lemon pepper wings and dunk them in Frank's Hot Sauce. Everything else is as mediocre as you posted :)

Crystal said...

Oh and second Kyochon, bit a of a drive though!

shavedicesundays said...

Crystal,

Thanks for stopping by and for your valuable input. I love how I can food blog and yet get such suggestions in return.